eval sheet

Sun, 26 Oct 1997 11:30:24 -0800

Barrie Heaton wrote:

> Hi Del and all,
>
> I have noticed that your evaluation forms seem to lean towards grands
> rather than uprights also,action springs, re-centrering and the like
> appear absent from the lists so far.
>
> Attachments.
>
> While personally I have no problem with either band width or attachments
> be they documents or pictures.  No one has mentioned the fact that
> viruses can be attached to the attachments, particularly vulnerable are
> those of you using word 6 and lower and word perfect 7 and lower, from
> maccoro viruses.  Maccore viruses can be attached to these
> files and I can assure you once you open the file with either word or
> wordperfect, havoc is let loose on your machine.
>
> Barrie.
> --------------------

Barrie,

First, my apologies to the list. That post was supposed to be private to David. I just loaded Netscape 4.0 and I'm still
getting used to it. Just after I clicked on the send button I realized what I'd done but I couldn't find the stop button fast
enough. It's moved. Ah well...

That form makes no mention of uprights because we rarely rebuild uprights. In the past four or five years I think we might
have done one full rebuild and replaced a soundboard in one other. Most of our rebuilding/remanufacturing work is either
straight grand soundboard and belly work or complete grand remanufacturing with or without design modifications. We do almost
no "reconditioning" work on either grands or uprights. We rarely even rebuild action parts like wippens and shanks. They are
almost always replaced. You have to understand that by the time the piano ends up at our place the original parts are pretty
much gone.

That form is intended to summarize the overall condition of a grand piano so that we can write a reasonable estimate of
repair on it without actually seeing it ourselves.

Del