CA pinblock repair

Glenn rockymtn@sprynet.com
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 15:37:54 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu>
To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Wednesday, October 29, 1997 2:27 PM
Subject: CA pinblock repair

>My major question, before I show up at her door to do the work, is will I
>need to get a 55gal. drum of the stuff first?  'Twould be real embarassing
>to get part way through and run out.
>
>How many of those 2oz. bottles do you typically use for a complete block?
>
>Danke/Merci/thanks,
>
>conrad

On my first experiment with this I laid a console on its back and used a
half ounce bottle of Hot Stuff red label and had some left over.  This piano
wasn't that bad.  The second time I tried it was on a baby with tight
bushings.  No effect.  I turned it over and did it from the underside.  It
took almost a full 2 oz bottle and this time it worked.  I know turning a
grand over is kind of radical but think about getting the glue in from the
bottom! I put 8 to 10 drops in each hole (almost filling them).  I used a
mirror and a light to see what I was doing.

Of course, the holes have to have been drilled all the way through but I
think most are.