fire damage follow up

Marcel Carey mcpiano@microtec.net
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 13:57:39 -0700 (MST)

Dear List,

First I would like to thank all who responded to my S.O.S. I was able to
inspect the pianos this morning and things don't seem to be so bad. Thanks
to the concrete floor, I don't think the heat got that bad. All pianos are
of course covered with smoke residue but the vertical surfaces don't seem to
be affected. So I guess it will only be a question of cleaning, tightening
of the actions, regulating and tuning. I kept my estimate open for things
that could go wrong in a month or so so hopefully, after all the work will
be done, things will go back to normal. Talk about an schedule complete
screwup though.

Thanks again for your support,

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC