separated back(part 2)

BSimon1234 BSimon1234@aol.com
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 03:46:07 EST

By the way - I forgot to mention that the newly installed plate bolts should
not be used to pull the back together when you glue it. They won't do the job.
They are meant to hold the plate to the back after the back is repaired.

Use plenty of  big "C" clamps, pipe clamps, etc, that you have in your shop,
with appropriate wood pads to distribute force, then tighten them up
gradually, evenly, gently, across the length of the separation.

ALSO, don't go nuts wrenching down the bolts.  Seat them, and stop.  I would
think that it would be easy to crack the plate at the bolt hole if done badly
enough.

B. Simon
Phoenix.