Squeaking pedal w. Unacorda

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 16:56:29 +0000

> Date:          Wed, 1 Apr 1998 13:29:58 -1000
> To:            pianotech@ptg.org
> From:          Eliot Lee <elee@amug.org>
> Subject:       Squeaking pedal w. Unacorda

Possibly the shift lever under the keybed is rubbing against the
sustain lever when the shift is depressed?  Could also be that
with sustain on the shift squeek is amplified by all the open
strings...just go through all the usual friction points...use
microfine teflon powder on the keybed and keyframe.

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA