String Levelling guest ions

John Woodrow woodroj@syvax.email.dupont.com
Mon, 06 Apr 1998 11:09:44 +1000

Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 13:55:51 EDT
From: JIMRPT <JIMRPT@aol.com>
Subject: Re:  Re:  Re:  Re: String Levelling questions

Jim,
A slight diversion from this most interesting topic, you wrote

>>In the case of a "percussive" sound being the problem, fix the hammer
first.<<

Only yesterday a customer asked me to look at the area around A5 up as it
was excessively 'percussive'.  In the limited time I had available I
quickly reshaped the hammers in that region, (and with my new knowledge
thanks to the list, proudly checked string level) and this made a great
improvement though did not totally remove the problem.

So I can be better equipped before I return to the customer I would
appreciate your thoughts on causes and remedies of 'percussive' hammers.

Regards,
John Woodrow