Wrest Planks

dpitsch dpitsch@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 09 Apr 1998 13:59:54 -0600

20 years ago I was also wondering which pinblocks were the longest lasting.  So I
took a sample from every pinblock that I had cut out of pianos and set them
outside.  After 20 years of rain, snow, sun, freezing, etc.  there is only one
left that didn't delaminate.  Guess which material it is?  Also, one manufacture's
pinblock split, curled, and fell apart within one month.  Most took a few years.
Interesting results.  If you'd like to know which is which, E-mail me personally.