Listserv meeting-Providence?

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Thu, 09 Apr 1998 16:08:24 -0400

JIMRPT wrote:
 Just
> judging from past experience a while back on PTG-L where the
> acrimony/accusations and ill will was at a level that was beyond belief at
> times....pianotech has never even approached the level that existed on PTG-L
> at the time.

Acrimony is the most important reason quite a few RPTs have signed off
this list, but it's not the only one.  I mean no offense to anyone when
I say this, but I subscribe to another list that is, well, a lot more
professional.  Here are some differences:

Too many "me, too" posts.  How many posts does it take to cover string
leveling adequately?  Is it possible that sometimes a recognized
technician just wants to get in a note to let others know that he's
familiar with the subject?  Look deep within your inner personal
subconscious . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . oh, you get the idea.

Have you said what you have to say?  Great!  Now go back and edit out
half of it.
You might even compose on the word processor and let it sit overnight.
The thread won't go cold.

Let somebody else go first next time.

If you do have something to say regarding an ongoing thread, don't quote
the whole darned original text.  Note the above.

If it's a personal note, post privately.  Think of this as an ongoing
professional journal.

Be aware that a slight attitude on your part will inevitably be
magnified in print.  (Sometimes those stupid smiley faces actual help, I
think).  Be careful.  I speak from experience.  :-(

This doesn't apply to you, I know, but you don't mind if I post it
anyway, do you?

Carl D. Root RPT
celebrating 25 years of professional piano service.  :-)    :-)

I would be delighted to have you respond to this post, but be warned!
I'm going to count the number of responses. :<)