Listserv meeting-Providence?

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Thu, 09 Apr 1998 20:12:05 -0700 (MST)

Hi Jim:

I agree with you Jim and disagree with Bill. In a Cyber fist fight people
do get hurt. You have certainly experienced that last year and Bill has
experienced it this year. And of course in a fight there are always two
sides. Both usually end up hurting emotionally. For many of us who have
strong feelings about certain issues, the pain is the greatest. Jim you
seem to have healed very well from last year's fights. Bill, I hope you will
heal soon. I believe we all have a common goal and that is to further
knowledge in our field. To this end, all are valuable. For those of us
who have been around a little longer, we have to exercise more patience
than the newbie with their sometimes lack of knowledge. I must say this
however, I have learned a lot of things from the earnest questioning of
newbies. They keep us honest and sometimes humble.

Sometimes differences of opinion will arise. When we stick to the facts
and avoid the personality clashes, we all benefit more. Jim, I just can't
tell you how proud I am to know you and see the way you have bounced back
from all the garbage you endured last year. I notice you always sign your
posts "in my opinion." What a wonderful way to state it.

Bill, you are not the only one who has been hurt. Many have been. Sometimes
it is just because others cannot hear our tone of voice in the print medium.
You will be pleased at the congeniality and good humor which we all exhibit
in person when we meet in Providence. I'm looking forward to your
presentation in Providence. Last year we had a very good meeting of all of
the Cybernauts and even a few of us Cybernuts. <big GRIN>

I spend about 4 to 6 hours a day on email lists (others beside this one).
Well, OK, I only tune one piano a day, now that all the young people are
earning all that money to help Uncle Sam pay my Social Security. BTW, Thanks
to all of you. I would have done the same for y'all.

My apologies to those who await my writing on string levelling and hammer
leveling. Most of the good stuff has already been said. I have been tied
down for about a week working on the editing of the Tuning Testing Manual.
One more go around and we should have it done. Several very valuable people
are still working of this.

I'll get back to you later. Hang in there.

Jim Coleman, Sr.