Stupid Question

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 14:47:31 EDT

<< Dear list,
 	O.K. I'll admit to souding kind of nieve but "Why is it
 called a tuning hammer'? :>)  Isn't it really more like a wrench or a
 socket?  History buffs?
 						Greg Newell >>

Greg:

First of all, as a former educator, I would like to point out that there is no
such thing as a stupid question. Only stupid answers to questions that don't
make sense. In your case, because you don't know the answer to a question, the
question you asked is not stupid. In fact, I would like to know the answer
also.

For what it's worth, I use my "tuning hammer" to pound in a pin once in while,
or to give the irritating dog a knock on the nogging. I guess that qualifies
it as a hammer.

But what are some of the other reasons for calling it a "hammer".

Willem Blees