VICE grips

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 10:00:57 -0500 (CDT)

Isn't a vice grip a suspect containment technique used by the police? Or
maybe it's a personal quirk that can get you introduced to these same police
if practiced in public. Sorry gang, my own morally exemplary locking pliers
say Vise Grip on the side. While there is nothing essentially wrong with
having a good time while you work, please, be careful to practice safe grip.

P.S. As the inventor of the jewler's crowbar, for applying brute force to
small delicate objects, I see nothing wrong with using Vise Grips on hitch
pins. There have been a few times when I could have used a hemostat to stop
the bleeding, but I'd rather not talk about that. Also, from the practical
standpoint of keeping the weight of your toolbox managable by carrying
multi-purpose tools, you can use a Vise Grip like a hemostat, but not the
other way around. FWIW

 Ron Nossaman