VICE grips

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 10:14:46 -0600

At 11:31 AM 4/11/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Geez Ron;
> And I was having such a good time reading about all this "vice" on
pianotech.
>:-)
>Jim Bryant (FL)

It is, after all, an AD-VICE forum! @:^)>
Actually, I use straight hemostats for the hitch, and curved ones for the
bridge pins. Lotsa help when replacing bass wires in verticals. A little
leather cemented to the jaws keeps the paint from chipping off the hitch
pin. Cheap import hemostats are a little more flexible, and can take the
wider opening required. With curved side towards the bridge, I can grab the
middle pin on the speaking side of the bridge to hold all three wires in
place, if needed. Uh.. parallel to the row of pins, of course.

So... how does THAT grab you?  (sorry) Just another vice. Whoops! C'mon...
get a grip! Oh NO!!

Guy
On the other hand, you've got different fingers.