..the proper procedure..

Norman Barrett barre46@ibm.net
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 00:28:51 -0500

A440A wrote:

> Greetings,
>     Except for the new pianos, every tuning we do, we took away from another
> tuner.  This is what keeps us honest, and rewards those that continually
> strive to get better at what they do.
>  (Opinion here, nothing more):

  I find it difficult to agree with this statement. Obviously tuners that strive
to do better jobs will attract more customers however it seems to me that most new
customers call because they don't have a regular tuner and have not had their
pianos tuned in years. My feeling is that any person with a reasonable ability and
talent for this job who trys to do a good job will succeed but if people had their
pianos tuned when they needed it, there are not enough tuners to do the job.
Norm Barrett
Memphis, TN