Piano Tuners in the Movies

Philip Jamison mortier@netreach.net
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 10:48:00 -0700

   I read about "None But The Lonely Heart", a 1944 film in which Cary
Grant (typecast) stars as a ne'er-do-well piano tuner with perfect
pitch. He identifies the notes of car horns and wine glasses. The final
scene will please fans of black humor. I know there have been a few
other "piano tuner" films. I recall an Australian movie of the early
'90s about a lonely tuner who dates a young lady. There was also a
Broadway musical which included a (female?) tuner.

Philip Jamison
West Chester, PA