Fallboard Was:Re: Hammer Butt parts

Sun, 19 Apr 1998 15:37:48 -0500

Richardofthewonderingmind,

At 14:23 4/19/98 -0500, you wrote:

Now if someone could explain why the key cover is called the fall
>board.......

That's easy. If you try to tune several makes of grands (names withheld to
protect the guilty and avoid accusations of denigration) without first
removing that case part, the slightest touch of forearm of tuning arm will
immediately cause the "fallboard' to fall onto your keyboard hand and cause
you to think impure thoughts. Don't ask me how I know.

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT		hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu
Luther College Music Technician	pno2ner@salamander.com
Decorah, Iowa 52101		Voice 	(319)-387-1204
				Fax	(319)-387-1076

Oh wad some power the giftie gie us; to see oursel's as others see us!
It wad some monie a blunder free us, and foolish notion. - Robert Burns