waterborne varnish reply

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 21:38:40 -0500

Hi Kevin,
I use water based lacquers exclusively, not polyurethane's so I can't speak
about them.  I have had no problems with the water base at all.;that is
unless you miss the explosiveness and smell.  I try to mist on the first
couple of coats of WB first.  I feel this gives it some tooth to build on.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
pianoman@inlink.com
"A terrible thing happens when you stop promoting--Nothing.".

> From: Kevin R. Aldrich <KAldrich@CompuServe.COM>
> To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
> Subject: waterborne varnish
> Date: Sunday, April 19, 1998 6:19 PM
>
> Dear List,
>
> How do people feel about finishing soundboards with water-based
> polyurethane?  Is it advisable to apply *water* to a bare soundboard?
Does