Coil tapping

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:43:52 -0700 (MST)

To All:

Coil tapping is usually taken care of at the factory. All good rebuilders
do this routinely because they know that this will save them several
rough tunings. The technician in the field should not have to do any
additional coil tapping on well made pianos.

I have a 25 year old Baldwin SF10. I lightly tapped two pin coils. Nothing
changed pitchwise. Perhaps there might be some change on a very new piano
but I don't have one available just now.

Jim Coleman, Sr.

PS Of course if I tapped it hard enough to drive the pin or break the
beckett, I might possibly be recording a different story here. Just
remember, if a little downbearing is good, is a lot of bearing better?
No way Jose! (sorry, I didn't know how to put an accent over the e).