Was Re: Coil tapping

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 14:49:20 +0000

> From:          Billbrpt <Billbrpt@aol.com>
> Date:          Mon, 20 Apr 1998 17:00:52 EDT
> To:            pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject:       Re: Was Re: Coil tapping

I agree that at least the problem should be brought up to the
dealer.  Tapping the coils shouldn't take more than 5 minutes?
A pitch raise before the tuning, maybe an extra 1/2 hour of work
and a little instability in the tuning but hey, new pianos are
inherently unstable and in the long run they will be better off.
Would the dealer go for it?  I certainly hope so...Would the
technician go for it?  I certainly hope so...

I'm out of flamesuits so be gentle...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA