Learn piano

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 21:44:10 EDT

<<
 Hi!
 I'm from Argentina so sorry for my bad english.
 I play piano and I have a digital piano (Roland-RD500). I've been
 learning piano since 1995. I began with a acoustic piano (only the first
 year because it was crashed).
 The question is: Can I learn to play piano with my digital piano?

 Thanks!!!

You can learn the basic fingering and scales from a digital piano.  But it
will not replace the escapement that an acoustic piano has.  Sound from a
digital is produced electronically.  Sound from an acoustic piano is produced
mechanically.

Also it is a matter of investment.  What will the digital piano be worth after
you own it a year?  Technology such as computers changes an average of every
18 months.  Pianos do not.  They will retain the investment much better.

Food for thought.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR