Screw stringers

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 22:46:20 -0500

----------
> From: John R Fortiner <pianoserv440@juno.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Screw stringers
> Date: Monday, April 20, 1998 1:42 PM
>
> Richard:  If you DO aquire a screw stringer would you mind sharing with
> me how you plan on determining the correct length of the various strings
> so that the hooks that hold the wires are even with eachother.  ( It
will
> not be fair to make them even by running each of them up to the support
> in which they are mounted.)

 have no Idea,  I was hoping someone on this list had restrung one
successfully. The problem is that by the time the slack is taken out of
the string, the "screw" is drawn up all the way, esp with plain wire.
This was a long time ago, and it seems there were other intircacies
involved such as the one you point out.
Richard Moody

.