Piano Tuners in (Radio)

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 09:02:15 -0600

At 12:17 PM 4/20/98 -0700, Richard wrote:

>I had to throw this little hunk of trivia in as a Technician and a fan of
>Old Time Radio.
>
>Jack Benny once guest starred on the mystery radio show "Suspense'" as a
>piano tuner.  As I recall, he'd go from instrument to instrument playing up
>and down the scale until he heard a bad note which he would then tweek.
>
>It wasn't at all realistic, but it was interesting in that his role was
>totally non comedic (sp?), except for a quick allusion at the very end to
>his cheapness.

Another comedian to play a serious role as a piano tuner was Bob Hope
(IIRC) who played in a radio suspense called "Murder in A Flat".  I don't
recall him doing any actual tuning in the play, but the plot was rather
interesting.

			John

John Musselwhite, RPT  - Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com - http://www.cadvision.com/musselj/