Learn piano

Peter Kestens Kestens.P@Debcom.be
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 21:48:32 +0200

It all depends of what you want to learn and what you like to hear:
whatever sailsmen are truying to tell you: the sound of a digital^piano is
never and wan't ever be the same as the sound of a "classical" piano.  A
digital piano produces the sound of a sampled piano.  Whatever touchweight
and feeling of playing may be: it never equals the way of mechanical
playing of a calssical piano.  In a digital piano you have electronic
contacts, i.e. there is contact or none.  You can't control the way of
producing the sound, with a normal grand it is very good possible due to
the echappement.

All this doesn't mean there no good electronic piano's, not at all.  But
when you prefer the sound of a classical piano above this of a digital
piano, you have to know the advantages of a cassical piano but also the
desadvantages, i. e. tuning and regulating or in an other way normal costs
for keeping a good piano in a good way.  When you don't wan't this tuniong
and regulating,  buy a digital piano but know also the (des)advantages.

Peter Kestens
KESTENS.P@DEBCOM.BE
BELGIUM