Funny maby Not so Funny Stories.

Danny Moore danmoore@ih2000.net
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 00:19:27 -0500

Lisa, et. al.,

A brief continuation of my reply to Wim.  One might be able to just "say nothing"
in the case of contraband.  I suggest that if one found a customers hidden jewelry
in a piano, the customer should be contacted immediately with the findings.  What
if the jewelry is stolen months after you've been there to tune?  You were the
last known person to be granted access to the piano.  Can a tuner prove s/he
didn't steal it months (or even days) after the fact?  It was there when you were
given access to the piano, it's not there now.  A worse case scenario - a
household resident is a thief and thought the piano was a good place to stash the
loot.  After all, nobody ever has pianos tuned do they?

A point of view from 15 years in the insurance business.
Danny Occasionally Serious Moore