Ebonized Case??? back

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 07:01:30 -0500

You know Steinway used to make the claim that underneath their ebony pianos
was mahogany veneer all round and that they didn't take case parts that had
mistakes and mix and match them under the ebony.  I found out in the early
70's that this was not true on a Steinway ebony grand I refinished.  About
1/2 way down the straight side the veneer suddenly started going vertically
instead of horizontally.  I think someone in the factory must have sanded
through the first level of veneer and ebony the piano became.  Beware of
"we always".
 James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
pianoman@inlink.com
"A terrible thing happens when you stop promoting--Nothing.".