Dealers (Was Re: Coil tapping)

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 09:22:33 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Don,

   Since this thread no longer has anything to do with coil tapping, I'm
changing the subject line.
   I'm sorry you've had such bad experiences with dealers. I've heard of
and seen a little of that type of thing, but mostly my experiences have
been positive. A dealer who had been a technician even gave me a lot of my
very
first shop type of training and a lot of floor tunings to help me develop
my skills. Of course I worked for free then, but I feel that's the way it
should have been.
Until the day he decided that I was worth paying and then he paid me the
same that he paid his regular tuner who worked out of the store.
   Just remember that there are so called tuners out there who are just as
bad as the type of dealer you mention below. Unfortunately. Remember the
Naugahide (sp?) piano in Waco? And I'm sure most of us, including you,
could
make up a long list of that type of incompetent, dishonest service.
Usually, though, that type of treatment of a customer will eventually come
back to
haunt whoever does it.
   Stepping off my soapbox now >

Avery

>I am sure your feelings are above board and honest,  But through experience I
>have
>worked for several dealers,   Not one of them is interested in your behalf. he
>will
>get from you what he can,  thats means, never keeping his word or promises
>when
>it  costs  you money .  there is no preping,  sticking keys, broken benches,
>20
>cents flat situation,  misinformed customers, ect ect ect,   I run a very
>professioal business,  have over 300 customers, have been around for thirty
>years and dont advertise any more,  why do i need a dealer to steal from me.

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
713-743-3226
atodd@uh.edu
http://www.music.uh.edu/

 o  For sale: an antique desk suitable for lady with thick legs and
    large drawers . (Classified Ad)