Acetic Acid - Use in pianos????

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 20:05:51 -0400

I found a huge jar of "Acetic Acid" among the
> >piano supplies; approximately half of a large one-gallon glass bottle.
> >Apparently the former and now long-gone retired tech used it for
> >"something" relating to pianos. For disolving glue perhaps???

I still have some in a very heavy duty bottle with a heavy glass
stopper.  Haven't used it in a while, but I think I diluted it 50%.  Use
it to restore old hide glue joints.  Jacks have been mentioned.
Probably the best use is on loose, clicking hammer heads.

Requires serious ventilation.