Funny Tuner Stories

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:53:13 -0400

My first tuning was in the home of hispanics, an old upright that needed
two tunings, which I did and it turned out quite nice, I thought,
considering it was my first paying customer.

That night I got a call to the effect that it was out of tune.  Rather
huffily I returned the next day and checked the tuning which was still
rather good.  The husband, who played guitar, returned and played middle
C,D,E,F,G,A,A#,C.

I then had the job of giving a music lesson on scales, which I did, but
only because I had been taught about scales at the school where I
learned piano technology.

Once he understood where a B flat fitted he was happy with the tuning
and I was happy I didn't have to retune or untune the piano.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com