C C Gazoo is dead

Glenn rockymtn@sprynet.com
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 22:02:21 -0600

A while back I asked the list for help in locating a buzzing sound with C4
and C5.  Many fine suggestions came across but none cured the problem.  I
never gave up chasing it and finally ceased its' annoying life.

While doing a sostenuto test (right pedal down, sos down, right pedal up,
all dampers up) I noticed the sound was gone.  Nothing else made it stop.
Holding down individual keys, etc.  So I pulled the action, vacuumed
everything, tightened everything that had a screw, and even shoved some
miniature dowels (toothpicks) in a suspicious little piece of wood partially
contacting the soundboard near where the plate screws go in horizontally on
a S&S.  Well, I'm not sure which of those procedures did it but it is gone!

Now if I can only get rid of the "boinging" sound on the first two wire
unisons. . . . .

Thanks for all of the input,

Glenn.