Shank bender

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 08:00:16 -0400

Friends:

After reading recently somewhere how pleased a technician was with the
electric hammer shank bending pliers, I bought one.  It arrived from
Schaff without directions and perhaps none are needed, but I try to make
sure I know what I am doing before trying something for the first time.

Any guidance, folks?  How long does it need to heat up?  Do I use it on
a dry shank, moisten it a little or make it sloppin' wet?  How long do I
hold it in place, for how long a time, and how much grip on the
handles?  Do I run the risk of breaking the shank on an old dried-out
upright?

It is of course understood I would first try to move the hammer by
loosening the flange screw, repositioning the hammer and tightening.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA

P. S.  I appreciate when technicians sign their names to their posts.
Some of us newbies do not recognize who is who by just looking at the
email address.