Shank bender

Norman Barrett barre46@ibm.net
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 00:14:15 -0500

Hi Clyde,
Here is one more opinion on how to use your shank bender. I do agree with
both answers given. You do need a device to control to temperature of the
bender and it does need to be hot enough to heat the wood enough to be
bendable. it does not take long to learn to feel just when the shank is
ready to bend but just use patience. Hold the shank bender on the shank with
just enough pressure to feel when the shank is starting to bend, set it
where you want it, and then let go. Without a dimmer control, it will scorch
the shank quickly and too much pressure too soon will break the shank. I
hope this helps.
Norm Barrett
Memphis, TN