Back to coil tapping, momentarily

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 06:56:21 -0400

I remember mention in the PTJ about twenty years ago, possibly during Jack
Krefting's stinit as editor, mention of a Baldwin R&D experiemnt with
sloppy coils. One piano was strung up with rediculously poor coiled, and
the workers observed it for tuning difficulty and instability. No
difference. One might question why a factory would be interested in such a
question but at elast they never changed any factory procedures based on
the answer.

I can look this up from my long shelf of old Journals, if anyone would like.

Bill Ballard, RPT
New Hampshire Chapter, PTG

"We mustn't underestimate our power of teamwork."
 Bob Davis