School district contracts

David Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:53:45 -0500

Wally:

An arrangement as you describe is not worth it.  I do (in addition to
the pianos at SMU) the pianos in the Plano School District - 166
pianos.  I don't do much repair, the tuning price is livable, and I do
get referal business.  Here, they think of a studio piano as a 15 year
investment.  After that it is replaced.  That's why I don't do much
repair.  This approach seems to work here but since this district opens
from 1 to 3 new schools per year, they buy lots of pianos.

dave

--

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts