TP coils

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 07:17:41 -0500

Hi All,
Just wondering what the rest of you thought about the practice of putting
the wire all the way through the becket with enough left over to  go some
more around the tuning pins.  Seems like I remember that Baldwin was the
first to do this some years ago and I figure it had something to do with a
device they used for coiling.  It seems that this would really mess up the
person who was unstringing these pianos for rebuilding.  Any thoughts?
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
pianoman@inlink.com
"A wonderful thing happens when you start promoting--Opportunities for
work.".