Great Pianos broadcast or recorded.

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 23:11:47 -0600

----------
> From: Delwin D Fandrich <pianobuilders@olynet.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Differences
> Date: Saturday, January 31, 1998 12:56 PM
>

> Don't blame any piano for how it sounds on any recording. Unless
the thing is out of tune.
> -- ddf

How bout if its broad cast live?  Specifically, I heard a really good
sounding piano on Prairie Home Companion today (1-31-98).  Good
pianos appear in surprising places.  I doubt if it is a concert
grand, but prob a 7 footer.  I'd give a dollar to find out what it
is.  For three dollars I could phone the theater and find out.  I
suppose they will play it again next week if they are in the Twin
Cities.

	I have always thought it would be interesting to have a thread on
Great Pianos I Have Heard.  If they are on recordings, that means all
of us can hear what one of us thinks is a superb sounding piano.
Even over FM radios I have heard some great pianos.
 Like the one in the Prokofiev Concerto # 3 played by ?? with the
Israel Symphony, Zeubin Mehta.