Removing Plate

atonal@planet.eon.net atonal@planet.eon.net
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 08:55:27 +0000

Mike Masters wrote:

> 	Also when the plate comes out. either make sure he has a couple of big
> guys with no brains or some sort of hoist (preferably the latter).
> They're a bear!

Shameless Plug: Check out my "Simple Shop Hoist" article in the Feb
'97 Journal. You don't need to get this elaborate, but a chain-driven
hoist with three or four anchor points on the plate work marvelously.
Also in that issue (I think) there was a tip for making bent metal
rim guards, that clip over the top of the rim and protect it when you
remove and re-install the plate.

Good Luck!

Rob Kiddell,
Registered Piano Technician, PTG