Tempering quiz

Michel Lachance chance@interlinx.qc.ca
Sun, 01 Feb 1998 19:41:17 +0000

Dear Anne, Ed and Bill

Thanks a lot for having given deep insights with my troublesome quiz.
All these answers are very, very interesting.  Except that I would wish
more precison about which Well Temperament would be more appropriate for
Chopin, I find your inputs very instructive and will actually help me
suggesting other alternatives to some of my customers.

Since many of us are owning a Cybertuner (and, perhaps, know next to
nothing about historical Temperament like I do), it would be nice to
have a list of few Temperaments usable for each major composers.  Who
would write such a treasure?

Just one last:  Which Temperament would you advocate for PDQ Bach?
(please, don't loose your temper on this one)  ;-)

Regards,

Michel Lachance, RPT