Steinway keytops

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Mon, 02 Feb 1998 10:21:44 -0700

At 10:25 AM 2/1/98 -0500, Mark wrote:

>We have a Steinway D from the 1980's that is commonly referred to as "the
>one with ivory keys". But I have always thought that they can't be ivory.
>Is this simulated ivory? What do we have here? They feel great. They are
>the factory original material.

I look after a D from the 80s as well, serial 500099 which has real ivory
one-piece keytops.  On the front of the key frame the word "IVORY" is
stamped as well. They're beautiful, but starting to split where the head
and tail meets.

		John

John Musselwhite, RPT  - Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com - http://www.cadvision.com/musselj/