1/2 cent difference on unison

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 16:25:06 -0600 (CST)

>   ...Then there were others who made hateful, ugly and threatening
>remarks to me
>and Kent Webb.  I received a hate filled, threatening letter afterwards
>warning me that there were those in PTG who knew what I was up to and that I
>had better stop it.  Other practitioners of the HT's have been met with
>similar cowardly acts of bigotry and ignorence.  Some of those perpetrators
>are on this very List.  They feel that they hold the only opinions about
>temperament which are valid and correct and can say anything they please which
>denegrates and insults a fellow technician but if someone disagrees with them
>or tries anything like the punishment they freely dole out, watch out!...
>
>Bill Bremmer RPT
>Madison, Wisconsin

Remember the "burrs under the saddle from past rides" comment, Bill.  Here
you are bringing more to the surface even now.  It's very hard for me to
believe there is this much opposition now, or in the past, to Historical
Temperaments (HT) in and of themselves.  Something else is causing this
reaction you are receiving from others.

I personally know that the subscribers on this list, and other lists like
it, have helped me over the years learn in many ways to better present
myself and the ideas I wish to share without being antagonistic in the
process.  I hope in time that you are open and willing to discover and
learn the real humanity of the subscribers of pianotech as I have.

Sincerely, and not meaning any disrespect,

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731