Recipe for trouble

Richard Wagner Rjwag@pacifier.com
Thu, 05 Feb 1998 08:54:02 -0800

>Several questions:
>1.  What type of wood is best for making a new key?
>2.  Where can I obtain some of this wood?
>3.  Any hints or warnings involved in making a replacement key?
>
>Thanks!
>David

Dear David,

1) Sugar Pine or Boxwood is traditional I believe; 'though I'm not real
sure of the latter.

2) (?) Be resourceful.

3) I made a key years ago following the steps outlined in a handout from a
PTG seminar.  It came out quite well and wasn't too dificult.

I believe I could still dig up the information and Fax or Snail-Mail it to
you if you'd like.  Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner yet so it isn't
in a digitized (E-Mailable) format.

                                 			Richard Wagner RPT