Concert prep help

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 07:54:35 EST

John;
  I've only tuned for Wynton one time but it was a great experience.  He is a
nice guy and was very approachable.  His piano player, I'm sorry but I don't
remember his name, was easy to work with. When I asked him what he wanted
on/from the
piano he told me, in no uncertain terms, and was very conversant on the
technical points.  Then after going through a "wish" list that would have
taken 3 days to do he said "but what we have is 'this' piano, so just do your
best with making sure that all the keys work and make a sound when they are
played."
 As Walter said he really liked to "wail" on the top octaves.
Pleasant experience, great group of people.
Jim Bryant (FL)