Key Bushings

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 21:41:30 EST

List;
Thanks to all who responded re: bushing removal. I put some of my
alcohol/water mixture in a cup and added  a touch or two of acetone, in the
process rediscovering that acetone and styrofoam don't mix. :-)  After I
cleaned that up, I used a suitable container and mixed my now, super, wetting
agent, applied it to a bushing and it soaked in immediately !  After wetting 4
keys in this manner I let them set while I made a cup of coffee and when I
applied the steam to them they literally jumped out of the mortices, sans
wood.
 Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions, I appreciate it.
Jim Bryant (FL)