perplexed

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Sun, 08 Feb 1998 14:37:37 -0700

At 12:54 PM 2/7/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I have a grand on consignment with a dealer closer to Boston.

Jon,
	Is there a consignment agreement, on paper? If it's a real simple one, it
may not mention anything specific about the bench, only that there is (was)
one. If it's a real lengthy contract-kinda thing, then there shouldn't be
any question. If there isn't something on paper, you're taking a HUGE,
read:REAL DARN BIG! risk with your piano.
	If your agreement is simple, so is your answer....... you got  (or will
get) your asking price, you didn't like the overall deal,.... just say NEXT!

	I've gotten real picky about the pianos I'm willing to take in on
consignment. But.... our one page simple agreement makes for little or no
confusion. The piano (and accessories) belongs to the customer/owner until
I sell it. ALL repairs, additions, subtractions, etc., come from the sell
price, and don't affect the minimum net return agreed upon by the customer.
If the unit doesn't sell, within agreed time frames, etc., the added
charges are the responsibilty of the owner/customer.

	Sounds like maybe some extra clarity was in order. It always is, after
all. Better vibes next time.

Regards,
Guy

Guy Nichols, Member, PTG
nicho@lascruces.com

              "Not everything that counts can be counted,
               and not everything that can be counted counts."
				                          Albert Einstein