THATS IT I CAN"T WAISTE MORE BANDWIDTH

Billbrpt@aol.com Billbrpt@aol.com
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 23:27:34 EST

<< Now about HT, I am of the opinion that if we were to start tuning HT for
all types of music,  Pianists in general would soon be saying "boy there don't
seem to be many  good tooners around anymore".  I vote Keep HT with H music.
  Tom Ayers >>

What you think has liitle to do with reality.  I'd say you should take you own
advice and see your neighborhood shrink, like real soon.

<<...if the conductor wanted equal temperment than thats what you should have
at least attempted to provide.>>

     Again, you shouldn't make public announcements about circumstances of
which you have no knowlege or details.  He asked for ET and he got it because
I referred him to someone who was willing to provide it.  When I say that
working with the symphony was stressful, I mean that there were longer hours
spent than what I was getting paid for and having to deal with people like you
right here, blowing off about something they quite obviously know nothing
about wastes my time.

We all make choices. The conductor made his and respects me for mine.  I have
worked with him since and he clearly understands my position and that what I
do is controversial.  The latter is what he wishes to avoid at this time and
so someone else, who is clearly qualified, is doing the concerto work
presently.  These things tend to go in cycles.  One person does it for several
years, then another gets his shot at it.

The fact that you get so bent out of shape when you see someone writing about
things you've never even contemplated before, things that challenge your
entire set of beliefs, tells me that you are the one who really needs help.
By blowing off here, trying to put someone else down, you are acting
defensively.  By telling someone publicly that they have a serious personal
problem, you fool yourself into thinking you've gotten rid of your own.  Get a
life!

Bill