Overcharge?

Tom Myler TomMyler@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 15:14:25 -0800

>$60.00 standard tuning
>$40.00 for pitch change (any amount at all over +/- 15c,regarless of the
>number of passes)
>And then another tuning in one month.

>NOW THE QUESTION???  Do these fees seem out of line?

No, of course not.

And forget about claims court;  you've got better things to do with your
time.    Every so often, you get an idiot customer like that;  write off the
balance due as one of the costs of doing business with the public.   Forget
about it.     Anyway, they'll get theirs sooner or later; remember-  "Time
Wounds All Heels".

When I get someone like that (usually one or two per year),  they stay in my
client data files, but their name gets tagged with this:   [FR]

That way, if they DO call back several years later, which has happened to me
a few times, I quickly recognize them as somebody up with whom I will no
longer put, and don't even bother returning the call.

By the way,  [FR]  indicates that the taggee is on my "Fecal Roster".
(A euphemism I borrowed from  Click & Clack)

Tom Myler
"The smart person knows the rules;
   The wise person knows the exceptions."