Overcharge?

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 11:24:51 -0700

At 04:50 PM 2/10/98 EST, you wrote:

>Recently I was called to service a piano which was 1/2 step or more flat.
>NOW THE QUESTION???  Do these fees seem out of line?

Dick,
	Lots of good responses, and I should ad that we have the tech bulletins
from PTG, including the one on pitch-raising, for customers in need of an
education. Although it's not worth fighting over, the customer is in the
wrong. You were within your projected or estimated cost, which is more than
he can expect from most car mechanics. Pull him from your list, and mail
him the tech bulletin (if you want) for a little extra "last word" peace of
mind. As was posted, the wife may pay you anyway. If you're social with
your competition, resist the urge to "blacklist" the fellow, 'cause that
can fall back on you in a big way. It's not needed, anyway. Say next, and
do the right stuff. You win.
	Your fees are what they are, and must fit your market.

Guy