Plastic Elbows

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 16:40:05 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Ted.

I've never seen a modern, clear-plastic, snap-on elbow split or break.
That doesn't mean it's never happened, but I've never seen a broken one,
and I've seen more plastic elbows than I ever want to remember! If you're
going to go with plastic, that's what I'd recommend. If you go with
another type of plastic elbow and one or more do split, you may find
the customer questioning why you replaced plastic with plastic, instead
of just going with wood. I don't think you want to have to answer that
question. The arguement in favor of the snap-in clear plastic elbows is
primarily one of convenience. If I were pulling the action to replace
other plastic action parts, too, I'd opt for using wooden replacement
elbows. Just one opinion, of course!

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net