..listening in the Temperments..

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:19:22 -0500

..personally, I enjoy the discussion that's been going on here
regarding temperments..

..now a question..

Bill Bremmer..a while ago I made a statement to this list that I have
Perfect Pitch, Pitch Re-call, Absolute Pitch, whatever you wanna call
it, I have it..this led to some personal questions regarding WHAT I
actually hear..single notes stand out like a sore thumb, but KEYS is
where I hear *color*..now for the question..

..if we're listening to a piece and we're enjoying what we're hearing,
is there any way to determine if we're listening to a HT as opposed to
a ET..??

..I've always heard Eb minor and Db minor as being dark as night..my
guess is these keys become even darker in the HT's..and over the
years, I have probably heard various pieces being performed in a HT
and never knew it..I have zero experience in tuning in anything other
than ET, but my feeling here is if I'm gonna be as good as I can be in
this business, I should learn to tune in the Temperments..

..is there any way to determine what you're hearing  from just
listening?..