More:Re: verdigris action parts

Mike Masters agraffes@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:55:12 +0000

Keith McGavern wrote:
However, if you remove each Steinway repetition and
> physically treat each bushing on both sides of the flange with Protek, and
> then move the flange its entire arc numerous times.  It'll free up like
> nobody's business.
>
> Keith A. McGavern
> kam544@ionet.net
> Registered Piano Technician
> Oklahoma Chapter 731
> Piano Technicians Guild
> USA

Keith,
	Just a thought. We know that the Protek does wonders on first contact
and will work well for a while, but is not permanent. If you are in a
situation where the wippen is tight and it must be removed for access to
lube up. Why not rebush or replace. I could see doing Protek for a quick
and temporary fix. You would spend 5 minutes doing a rail. But if you're
going to spend the time in takeing the wippen assembly off the rail, or
at least every other one, why not just do it so it will be permanent?

Mike Masters
Masters Piano Service
Lakewood, OH