Verdigris

Norm Barrett barre46@ibm.net
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 23:59:19 -0600

This sounds like a good question. It also sounds like a lot of trouble. Another
solution to this problem has been in the back of my mind for a long time. It
seems to me that it would be easier to accomplish than Susan's suggestion and
certainly more certain. Knock out the old bushings and replace them with the
teflon bushings. Has anyone ever tried this? I cannot see how the verdigris would
ever come back using this method. The labor involved is complicated by having to
remove enough of the birdseye to make room for the teflon bushing but this should
be a permanent solution.