Bass Strings

Bob Anderson fndango@azstarnet.com
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 18:27:05 -0700

Dave, I've mostly bought bass strings from Mapes. The situations are
usually rebuilds, and often S&S grands. Mapes has all the S&S scales.
I've even heard(from Lew Herwig) that Mapes made bass strings for
Steinway. Is that true, to anyone's knowledge?

I bought a set of Isaac bass strings for one of my S&S "M"s. He promotes
the use of his bass strings with his hammers. The combination worked
well in comparison with my other "M", which had Ronsen hammers and Mapes
strings.

I have ordered Yamaha strings from Schaff, which has all the Yamaha
scales.

I have never faulted Mapes. I liked the one set of Isaac strings I
bought.

Bob Anderson
Tucson, AZ